Mental Momentum (Potential Tongue Twister)

I like this concept, of a “deciding factor”. It possesses similarities to “the straw that breaks the camel’s back”. Some may see it as a cop out or the inability to weigh all components objectively, thus relying on one component to make a decision. My view on it differs slightly. The brain or one’s judgement is much like any physical object. It is capable of having momentum. I am fairly certain everyone is familiar with “train of thought”. I think the phrase is fitting, seeing how each does not want to be derailed. Most people will strongly resist hindering their thoughts or the acquisition of knowledge, much like a train “resists” stopping easily. When accumulating information, your brain or judgement gains momentum. It might be important not to hinder this momentum and let it peak… that is the deciding factor.

Everyone on NEWT internships, allow yourselves to fully take in these experiences and the knowledge you’re gaining. Take advantage of every moment, and use it to delve a little deeper. I have a  strange feeling if we all do this, that we will be even more effective at our positions, and gain even more insight into how to utilize the benefits of this great opportunity. When our brains are going at a full head of steam, who knows what breakthroughs will occur.

I want to say choo choo so bad, but even I know when to stop… no I don’t. All aboard? 😉