The Cool Breeze Before the Heat Wave

大家好!

I made it to Arizona! If you all were aware of the flying obstacles I had to endure, you would fully understand my enthusiasm. However, the consequent exhaustion was thwarted by the portraits of familiar faces, warm smiles, and a beautiful lab.

This past Monday was amazing. I had the opportunity to meet with my mentors/friends from last year, and received a tour of the lab I would be working in. It was a lot to take in, but the gentlemen I am working with are very helpful. They have also been very sociable. Doing their best to make me feel comfortable. I really appreciated that.

Yesterday, I began prepping the equipment that will be in use today for the phase of preparing graphene oxide. The lab has produced graphene oxide before, but we’re going to produce a much larger quantity this time, so I am really excited.

My main objective is to produce graphene oxide and treat it. However, I am interested in a multidisciplinary role. I’ve already begun to barrage the biologist in our group with questions. I really want to understand the full scope of the project.

So things have gotten off to a moderate pace, but towards the end of the week our lab will have graphene oxide samples ready! Then the treatment will begin, and then the testing. After that, we’ll analyze the results to see if our hypothesis is correct.

Also, for all the readers out there, don’t worry, Arizona life blogs are coming too. 🙂

To be continued,

Kenneth Moody.