Preparing For the Desert

Despite spending a summer in Arizona before for a research opportunity related to mathematical biology, I find myself just as excited. I am excited for new experiences, learning, and the soothing heat. I will be working in a lab with two seasoned mentors in the field of water treatment and desalination. Materials are a fascinating subject and I was a little surprised at the amount of attention materials get in this field. My days leading up to departing for Arizona consist of reading research papers relevant to the work I will be doing. Also, watching the French Open and enjoying friends and family. This being my second time in Arizona though, I am starting to feel as if it is a second home. I look forward to exciting work, getting to know people I’ve met previously better, and meeting new people as well. It is my goal to make the most of my experience. Please follow me as I continue to update the public on the research that is being conducted. In addition to the research, I will also give a glimpse into Arizona life as I acclimate myself further with the wonderful region and Arizona State University.